Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
16-Feb-2001 09:44 PM
  Internet mass media project
vlipli_eshe_bolshe
Hey guys! All the ideas about the Net newspaper are just great! let's just summarize them in a separate topic, for example here.

Problems:
1. Where are we going to get the most objective and updated info for that? Personal observations and interviews? Special reporters? Reprints from goos and trustable sites?

2. Why do the people have to trust us? How will they know that we have only valid info?

3. What about advertisement for the "paper"? In the Net, in our local ACTR offices? In our home unis?

4. What will be the gist, the mission of our project? Uniting and developing our countries as whole? Furthering student communities in our countries? Or we will focus on a narrower purpose, like providing info (telling people "the truth about politics"), trying to keep our best brains in CIS and helping them with grants and scholarships, or taking care of environmental issues?

5. Who will be our target audience? Students in CIS? Students abroad? High school students? Adults?

6. Will it be volunteer-based or we can get grants and hire professionals, expand, etc?

7. Someone gave out a great thought - only minimal quantity of people in CIS have access to Net. What are other ways we can deliver our messages to people?

I will join this project with great pleasure. And I sincerely hope that asking right questions can also help in creating great ideas.

P.S. For those who does not know me - I am Natalya from Novosibirsk, education major, FSA Undergrad 2000 - 2001, currently the secretary of the International Russian Organization in Lincoln, NE and one of the hosts of the Russian radio program at community radio.
[Brat 3: University of Pennsylvania I]

17-Feb-2001 02:49 AM
 Re: Internet mass media project
yerkin
Two points:
1) Wow, looks like we've got a high authority here. What an honor, thank you, your highness! ))

2) Target audience. I think we have an audience, mainly students. At least that's what's true in KZ, most of Internet users are students.

Y

17-Feb-2001 07:55 PM
 Re: Internet mass media project
vlipli_eshe_bolshe
Thank you, Your Majesty, for generous reply! I won't forget your kindness...

Now seriously - Yerkin, it was just stating of facts. Thank you for supporting my idea.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sun Sep 07:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved