Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
15-Jan-2001 04:45 PM
  Welcome back alarm:
komsaid1
The very first day when we got to Bemidji (in August) we had Fire Alarm. Then when the dorms afficially opened we had to move to another dorm (still in August), and the very first night we had fire alarm. After that we had lots of fire alarms, pissing one off at nights and showing the real students life (in American way, and mostly looking like in the Army).
By now I think that it became a tradition to welcome students to the dorms, because yesterday the dorms opened officially after Christmas break. Students got back... and... Late at night... FIRE ALARM!!! It was a welcome back alarm! A rather strange way to welcome students, especially ni cold nights like yesterday's... but that's the way they are.
Wish you all be welcome everywhere you go, but... not this way... Well, you all live in dorms, and know what it means.
Hey, Welcome Back to Forum!!!

Yours,
Roxy

P.S. BTW, yesterday it wasn't a fake alarm, we really had fire, somewhere in our wing even, coz when all the students from other wings were allowed to come in, we weren't, and when we came in it was really smoky in the hallways. For this year we had so many fire alarms,I can't even count how many, but only two of them were real, and both times it was in our wing... I think the people in our wing decided that if we are to have fire alarms so often, let them at least be real... Coz students get more pissed off by fake alarms than by real ones.
Aren't we all glad for living in the dorms?
[Brat 3: University of Pennsylvania I]

17-Jan-2001 04:51 AM
 Re: Welcome back alarm:
ICE
Guys!!
Esli kto-to zaglyanul syuda, to ya hochu vam skzat chto ya prekripila neskoka fotok v yahoo, eto v http://photos.yahoo.com/keepyourhairon
Roxy, ya dumayu ti budesh pervoy, kto posmotrit na moi fotki.
love, Aisuluu

17-Jan-2001 02:34 PM
komsaid1
Ice, they are great!

20-Jan-2001 11:33 PM
ICE
Thanx dear! I'm glad u liked them.
love, Ice

23-Jan-2001 02:29 AM
ICE
Dear Roxy!
Keep your wings on, and everything will be all right. =)
We had some fire-alarms last semester too, but none of them were real. I wish they had real alarm so that this dorm will be burnt away, and that i could move to another dorm! =)
love, Aisuluu

23-Jan-2001 03:30 AM
ErLEN
good topic do discuss....definitely

good luck

23-Jan-2001 03:36 AM
ErLEN
plumbing

any ideas?

23-Jan-2001 03:40 AM
ErLEN
I am kidding, guys

no offense

ERLeN

Possible scenario:

- "Erlen, if you don't like our topic, you don't have to discuss it!!!"
- "Hey, I didn't say it was a bad topic!"
- "You thought so!"

23-Jan-2001 02:09 PM
komsaid1
U nas tut v dorme reshili v poslednee vremya s fire alarm ne shutit', i ne budit' lyudey lozhnymi trevogami... i poetomu u nas teper' trevogi ne lozhnye, nikto ne shutit, vse tol'ko v seryoz. Za etot semester uzhe vtoroy fire alarm, i prichem oba raza seryozno.
ERL, this is the topic to discuss, you're right, coz I think that this is something FSA students in all the different states have in common (posle Foruma).
A esli ty kak i vetom "possible scenario" deystvitel'no podumal chto this is a bad topic, then really, don't discuss it. However, if you want to, you are welcome, that would be just your personal opinion, and as they say in the US, no one will be put in jail because of his opinion. Opinions are not bad, they just differ.

Sincerely,
Roxy

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sun Sep 05:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved