Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
12-Jun-2002 01:47 PM
  "Oh Canada, our home and native land...."
Tarasishe
Hey guys. Someone has emailed me those articles. I know they are long, but I couldn't help posting them. Sorry, hope someone gonna like them, in one way or another I know we all felt something like that described in here, so I though you will understand them. If someone has someting to comment, you are more then welcome.
Take care.
Taras.
-----------------------

Diary of a new Canadian Immigrant.
Aug. 12 -
Moved to our new home in Canada. I am so excited.It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them.
Oct. 14 -
Canada. It is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all colours and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.
Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day
Deer season starts soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here.
Dec. 2 -
It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with>white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won). When the snow plough came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Canada.
Dec. 12 -
More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.
Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. Friggin snow plough.
Dec. 22 -
More of that white shit fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plough hides around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole.
Dec. 25 - Merry Fucking Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the son-of-a-bitch who drives the snow plough, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the friggin ice.
Dec. 27 - More white shit last night. Been inside for three days now except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in a mountain of white shit and it's so frigging cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the shit again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?
Dec. 28 -
That f'ng weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the shit this time. Can you believe that he missed it by 24 inches. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that bastard came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already broken six shovels shoveling out all the shit he had pushed into my driveway, I damn near broke my last one over his bloody head.
Jan. 4 -
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a damned deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those stinkin' beasts should be killed. The bastards are everywhere. Wish the hunters had exterminated them all last November.
May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that bloody salt they put all over the roads. ??
May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as Canada

P.S. SAVE A TREE - EAT A BEAVER
--------------------------

Canada's impressions

Sent by Unknown Author

Some men are good writers, others are not... Here are some impressions of a woman.
1. Canada is a primitive country. It is a country that has a young history, a whole population of losers striving to prove they are not, and a whole bunch of bureaucrats striving to prove to the whole world that living in the country of losers is the best thing to happen to losers in other countries.
2. Canada is a cruel country. It is a country where people live in the streets, wash youir windshields for pennies and reside in slums proudly called "apartment buildings".
3. Canada is a vicious country. In this country if you are an immigrant you are supposed to wash the floors or dishes, and if you do not want to do so, you are shown your place. It is a country where for a man to look at a woman (or a woman to a woman) means to be accused in sexual harassment.
4. Canada is a snobbish country. It is a country where a British immigrant has rights over an Indian one.
5. Canada is a sick country. It is a country where mentally sick people walk in the streets and feel free to talk to you, normal, and even kill you if they choose to do so.
ALL in all, Canada is a country of primitive snobbish vicious cruels losers. Wanna be one of them?

-------------------

Прислано Сергеем Г. Осиповым

Почитав первые статьи - думаешь - .... жалко все -таки людей. И не потому, что не делают сразу кучу денег в другой стране и имеют проблемы. Без проблем не бывает. Полное отсутствие попыток анализа. "Мы приехали и нам здеся плохо." Канада виновата. Да ей, извиняюсь за выражение, на вас начхать. И России впрочем тоже.

На самом деле там survival и здесь. Но ситуация действительно разная.
Примитивно говоря, мой выбор : я хочу быть специалистом по C++ и не хочу быть автомехаником, сантехником, каратистом, взяточником и специалистом по математическому моделированию. Последний набор мне предлагался в Москве. Я просто убираю переменные из задачи и значительно ее упрощаю. Надо иметь некоторую смелость и независимость мышления, чтобы это делать и не стонать.

Я совсем не уверен, что в России обязательно получишь качественное образование. Хотя я свое получил в МГУ. Но сколько моих однокурсников работает по специальности - процентов 5%.
В России все еще есть надежды на совковую муштрующую систему. Всем выучить таблицу умножения! Всем изучать матанализ, писать сочинения, эссе и т.д. - шагом марш в мировую культуру. Класс!

Вопрос! Почему если мы такие умные и культурные, почему у нас такие плохие дороги и такие привокзальные туалеты?
Почему умные бегут к тупым? Почему страна, запустившая в космос человека не может сделать приличный легковой автомобиль. Ответите на него, и кое-что поймете.

Постоянные восклицания "Они здесь все тупые!" Ответ прост - вы просто не принадлежите к их элите. Вас пока тут не стояло. Часто вы завтракаете и прогуливатесь с топ менеджерами ведущих компаний, профессорами университетов, преуспевающими докторами? Я обсуждал со своими канадскими знакомыми Декарта и Спинозу, Маркеса и Булгакова. И тупости не наблюдал. Найдите в России, в Москве что-то подобное Chapters или Indigo. Которые есть в каждом районе. Это элемент культуры. Той, которой в России пока нет.
Я живу в building(e). Мне местные подростки бегут дверь открыть! Что вам пожелают подростки в Москве или подмосковье? Наши развлекались тем, что взрывали взрывпакеты, поджидая жильца, спускающегося по лестнице.

Люди здесь другие. Проживи здесь лет 15 и может что-нибудь поймешь. Это как-то сказала мне одна пожилая эмигрантка, прожившая в Канаде большую часть своей жизни. Мы и они разные. Разная история, культура, география, воспитание, образ жизни. Что же вы хотите?. Вы это можете принять или нет.

Здесь есть великолепные условия для учебы - книги, компьютеры, специалисты. Надо хотеть брать. Они никого не заставляют, но дают возможность произрастать. И если ты хочешь сильно, то добьешся всего и даже больше.
В американском обществе таких примерно 10%. Подсчитали социологи. Тех, которые хотят, берут и не останавливаются на достигнутом.
Как Билл Гейтс например. Столько уже денег накачал. Как наши говорят, мог бы "закэшиться" и проживать на Багамах. Вопрос в другом - ваши дети и вы принадлежите к этим 10%? Если нет - не переживайте, вам будет тяжело - а ваши детишки устроятся и проживут свою жизнь также, как 90% других. С точки зрения потребления - гораздо лучше чем в России.

Так называемая грязная работа ... . Для меня например - программист - "грязная работа" и я не шучу. Потому что до этого я делал работу, на которой говорили, "ну это программист, что вы от него хотите". Но я могу и мусор убирать и я это делал, и от этого моя личность не убыла. Я знаю, что я, это я. И я себе уже кое-что доказал. И еще докажу. Испытание - да. Жизнь - сплошь испытание. С небольшими моментами радости. И эти моменты не зависят в общем-то от благосостояния.

И еще, это конечно не всех касается ...
Я как-то сказал одному своему знакомому: (цитирую себя - это скромность!) - "Вова, у тебя будет особняк на 10 миллионов и мерседес - и ты будешь ныть, что стены не в тот цвет окрашены, горничная сахар приворовывает, у мерса заднее колесо спускает".

Счастье - это состояние души, ее свет. Либо он есть, либо его нет. И почти не важно где вы выживаете, в России или в Америке и сколько у вас деньгов.
[Brat 3: University of Pennsylvania I]

13-Jun-2002 06:27 AM
 Re: "Oh Canada, our home and native land...."
proper
First: nice, I read it before, but the version I saw had more fu..ing words.

Second: the women have never taken English Comp or kist of that shit. They need some practice in expressing their thoughts. But in general - funny

Third: This story is a hard one and needs some thinking over. But, I guess, we have alrady talked on this matter in the past. There must be about half a thousand of such messages. Still, cool story - it contains a few important points.

Greetings,
Proper
[Brat 3: University of Pennsylvania I]

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Thu Sep 05:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved