Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
18-Oct-2000 02:54 PM
  A new question!!!
igor_proper
Hello, everyone!!!

I wonna ask how many of us have got bikes here, in the US? This matter is quite interesting for me, since as fas as I know only a few people do. If you do have a bike, will you tell me how you obtained it.

Here is my experience in that. I askd my roommate about a bike. And for luck, he had one. But you know - it is no use buying a bike here, especially a new one. The price is f high - $100-150 (a one-month-scholarship amount of money!). The thing I did is just arranged to lease it. It solves any problem related to this matter. Firstly, it saves me the uncertainty that I will not sell it when I leave America - so, I am not going to lose my money presenting the bike to somebody for nothing. Secondly, it is much cheaper - around $40-50 for a one-year lease contract (joke - we did not sign any contract, rather it was an expressed one, but it is still enforceable).

Ok, waiting for your replies.

Igor from hot MS.
[Brat 3: University of Pennsylvania I]

18-Oct-2000 05:34 PM
 Re: A new question!!!
dornabella
A used bike in Lincoln is 20$. A new one is about the same. In winter the bikes are useless - you better think of a tractor

18-Oct-2000 08:26 PM
igor_proper
/

[ This message was edited by: Igor_Proper on: 10-18-2000 19:49 ]

18-Oct-2000 08:34 PM
igor_proper
hey, Bella, your reply seems to be quite "funny". Thanks for maintaining my ideas...

by the way, it is going to be a cold winter in Lincoln, but here, in MS, the winter will be warm and nice - and i will not need any tractor, i can easily use my bike all year around. but it is a good idea - keep it in mind, because when winter comes in Lincoln, you will need some means of transportation.

Igor from hot MS.

[ This message was edited by: Igor_Proper on: 10-18-2000 19:48 ]

18-Oct-2000 11:39 PM
komsaid1
Igor, tebe mozhet eto i smeshno, no pover' esli by ty dumal o tom zhe o chem my, to tebe bylo by sovsem ne smeshno. A my dumaem, kak zhe my tut zimu provedyom, esli sneg budet vyshe pervogo etazha. Tak vot vopros: A nad etim ty zadumalsya?

19-Oct-2000 12:40 AM
igor_proper
Hey, dudes from the states, where the winter is going to be rather cold and snowy!!! I am sorry for you, but you have got an advantage over us: you will not miss coldness and snow while South states and me in particular will. And the following peice of advice will be of great help for you: gotovte sani s leta!!! It means buy all warm clothes now, do not wait till the winter, prepare your mind now for the fact that you are going to have a f cold winter so that it is not a shock for you then. After all, maybe I will ask you to post me some snow (ha x 3 times!!!). Do not get offended, you will cope with it easily.

Igor from hot (even in winter) MS.

19-Oct-2000 02:08 AM
X_Ray
A shto, Igorek! Idea mne nravitsa! Zakazyvay sneg letom! T.e. seychas! A to razberut!;)

" A great offer for You! No need to worry about going North to see the snow!
No headaches from missing it! 100% pure Nebraskan snow! Quality guarantee!
First class mail! Great discounts(up to 50%!)!
Hurry while supplies last! Offer expires 15.11.00.!
(the limited warranty applyes to this offer. if you're not satisfied with the product, you may return it within 30 days of receiving date. product must be in original condition." ))
Nurbek ltd. (R)

Nurbek ltd. is a registered trademark. Any part of this text may be copied, printed, and distributed with the written permission of the author!;)

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Tue Sep 05:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved