Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
04-Dec-2000 04:43 PM
  Some politics...
Tiger
Hi, people of this portal,

I was kinda intereted in politics, and thought there might be someone else interested too. Here's some crap about politics, they have crap about Russia too. Tell me your view veiews if you have any.
Gore: "I support the death penalty." He also said that at this time, "based on present evidence," he did not support a freeze on all executions at the federal level.

Bush: He reiterated his support for it, adding, "I'm absolutely confident that everybody who has been put to death (in Texas) has two things: one, they are guilty of the crime charged; and, secondly, they have full access to our courts, state and federal."

Gore also was asked a number of questions concerning Russia. On former Russian Prime Minister Viktor Chernomyrdin, Gore said "I think that in his dealings with our country, he proved to be a person whose word was worthy of respect, and we accomplished a great deal with Chernomyrdin." Asked if the former Russian leader were corrupt, Gore responded "I have no idea." On President Putin's commitment to freedom of the press, Gore responded "Oh, I think there's some serious questions that have been raised there."

In responding to a question on immigration, Bush said, "We ought to look at our legal immigration laws, the laws that keep a legal immigrant apart from his or her family." But he also said that the United States must enforce its borders, and he doubted whether "we could ever have open borders."
[Brat 3: University of Pennsylvania I]

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Mon Sep 09:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved