Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
17-Aug-2001 11:27 PM
  Courses and employment
tima
Deniska, na kampuse vsegda est kto to kto znaet gde nayti rabotu. Posprashivay u rebyat, eto vernyak. A naschet klassov, tak 4 klassa i te kotoriye t vzyal, eto ochen legko, smozhesh i rabotat i za rashcheskami begat. Ya vot do sih por tolko na dva zaregistrirovasya, na odin ya v waitliste, a s chetvertim her ego znaet chto budu delat. Ladi, pishi.
[Brat 3: University of Pennsylvania I]

18-Aug-2001 12:04 AM
 Re: Courses and employment
Tarasishe
OK, so employment. You gotta find somehting yourself dude. Noone's gonna find YOU ANYTHING. Do it this way. Go to Carreer center and ask them if they gonna have Job Fair or something. Its when potential employers are looking for employees and vice versa. If nothing happens, yea, the best way I suppose would be to check out with your friends. Go and tell them to keep their eyes open for ANY job opportunities. And youd better do it as soon as possible. Get the SS#, that takes 3-4 weeks (i hated that, cuz those damn asses screwed up my names and I had to wait almost for a whole month to get the SS#). By the way, BULLSHIT that Accels says you cannt work more then 20 hours a week on campus. Work as much as you can, but make sure your boss AND Intern. Adviser does not care, and would not report to Acels. And the most important thing-ACCELS should not know you are working more then that. OK?
Also check out the flyers in the cities, pubs, bars, restaurants. THey are always short for people. Ask them if the gonna take you to work for cash. They might, and they pay REALLY good.
If you are not afraid to mess up with Immigration Services and ACCELS you can do this thing as well. Get a SS#, (it gonna say something like "Valid for work only with NIS authorization" or bullshit like that. THis sentance is SHIT and no one would take you LEGALY for work if they see it. You do this way. You go to the license branch, and get the state ID or drivers license. THEY WOULD indicate YOUR SS# BUT ITS NOT GONNA SAY "VALID FOR WORK WITH INS AUTHORIZATION." So now you are fully entitled to WORK legaly in US if noone knows that. Its pretty safe, and you can earn shit load of money. OK? But later on, dont forget to pay the taxes, and even probably get the refund. OK? And always remember INS and REvenue service (tax police) DOES NOT care what you do, unless you dont pay your taxes !!! Just do it calm OK?
Hope it helps.
Later

18-Aug-2001 09:10 AM
proper
The very truth, guys. All Taras has said is the way you should find a job. NIce advice, man.

Pr

18-Aug-2001 06:30 PM
DeniS
Thank you man.

I'll try to do smth with that. But first I'll go to the SS office. Becuase here they don't give a shit on you and you have to go like 30minutes by bus and than 15 minutes by another to get to there office.
Besides, the girl who is in Canada is interested in your e-mail.
So write me back to biryukov_denis@hotmail.com

18-Aug-2001 06:37 PM
Tarasishe
Ok, my email is t_ment@lycos.com Tell her to email me Hope it helps.
Taras

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 09:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved