Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
15-Aug-2001 02:44 PM
 Re: AGAIN! TO ARTUR AND OTHER "GREENS"
proper
Artur, I compeletely agree with Taras - if you gonna stay in (or come back to) the states and get your degree, then it is better to take the max number of courses on your major or whatever you need for a further studying there.
But if just for fun, and if you like computers, you can take a web-design class. It is not hard, three credits, and you will probably make your home-page. So, consider this one as an opportunity. Or stuf like Taras has advised - it is worth trying, since you will really HAVE FUN there. Nekotorue lyudi daje s parachutom prugali, a drugie - s akvalangom nuryali.

Pr.
[Brat 3: University of Pennsylvania I]

15-Aug-2001 03:09 PM
Tarasishe
S parashutom? ;) I s aqualangom v KANSAS STATE????? Hehehe :0) See my point?
Atrur, u teba kakoy major? Econimics? I skolko tebe creditom razreshil brat univer? 12? 3x4=12. Ili kak? U mena tak bylo-nuzhno imet 12 creditov dla ACCELS, a univer razreshyl 18. Nu vot ya 18 i vzal, i 4 kursa dla funa. Toest polovinu 9 creditom po majoru, a ostalnoye net. Da, adviser tebe ne pomozhet, eto tochno. Sam vyberi shto interesno. Naskoko mne govorili kursy s economici ne ochen tazholye. AAA, Writing course ne bere, unless you wanna stay in the lab 24/7 the first couple of months writing your freaky papers.
Later

16-Aug-2001 04:04 AM
komsaid1
Artur, the guys are right, take some fun classes. But one thing I gotta say: to have an academic advisor is important, especially being an international student, and he can be of a great help fo ryou. But as I see your ac. advisor is not planning to spend muh time on you. Hewre's my advise: CHANHGE YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR!!! Go to the records office and they'll give you a form, and you can change your academic advisor. Because a god ac. advisor is TRULY helpfull. I had a really good, I should say the best in mass communication, advisor, and beleive me, when I was in the sh***est (sorry for my language, but that's the only way I could express it...) situation, he helped me out and I still apreciate the assistance he gave me that time. You can take the fun classes, but it still doesn't mean you don't have to change your advisor. Well... do anything you think is hte best to do, but make sure you consider all the good and bad sides of it.

Yours,
Roxy

16-Aug-2001 10:10 AM
proper
hey, bro you are not right about scuber-diving classes. Do you know Valia Afanasii? She was in KY, and in both semesters took them - one and two. They did it in the pool.
")

Take care
Pr

17-Aug-2001 04:23 AM
artur
Lucky, i always dreamed about DOING IT IN THE POOL!!!

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 01:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved