Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
27-Oct-2001 12:41 AM
  Hotite poputeshestvovat?
Andrew
Whasssup!!!
Blizitsa Spring Break!
Ponimaete, chto eto oznachaet? ;)
Kamu-kak, a mne po-puteshestvovat ))

Naskolko ya znayu, est vozmognost dostat biletu za $166 na bus, na nedelyu s neogranichennumi peresadkami! (Greyhound)

Tak chto, imeyte v vidy. A te, kto uge imel - interesno, kakovo ono (v smusle vpechatleniya, ob etom dele)

Vobshem, poka vse!
Keep in touch!
Andrew
[Brat 3: ACTR Student 2001-2002]

28-Oct-2001 08:30 AM
 Re: Hotite poputeshestvovat?
proper
Hello, Andy!

So, you wonna know about bus trips? OK, listen: it is fun, no doubts. You will see what it is to be like an american under average income level, but still... In my time I travelled quite a lot by Greyhound. Somebody (lots of my friends) told me that it is now what people like us (I mean - smart, clever, educated, etc. - a bit of irony) do for travelling. Most of them preferred to pay $300-400 for a jet ticket. I did not: saving around a half, and seeing lots of places others could not from their plains, talking to REAL americans, even making friends... - it is very nice as for me.

You will see what REAL america is, not only what you have seen on campuses and in DC. The states are also full of the poor, and other stuff which our dear actr does not want us to get acquainted with.

I advise you to make at least one, round trip to you friends in the nearest university, and you will be able to tell others about your feelings.

However, be prepared for a lot of surprises: lost luggage (that is usually found, but in a day or a few), having to wait for a bus for about 5-10 hours because you missed the previous one, etc. Still, go ahead and you will like it.

If you man need more information about such trips, write me at igor_proper2000@yahoo.com and I will tell you more; since I was probably one of those few who did travel by Greyhound.

Cheers,
Proper

28-Oct-2001 11:04 PM
Tarasishe
Yo! Greayhound is COOL! First time I went somewhere bu greyhound, it pisses me OFFF completely! But nevertheless, I have travelled my ass all over US in greayhound for the whole fuckig year. You would like it, but yea, as proper said, be ready for surprises . That was the BEST part. Like to be stuck somewhere waiting for the next transfer around 4 am, or to flirt with the chick nearby hehe, that was nice. However, they are nasty as hell! You gonna see all those assholes crunching junk food, that smells like hell, and dropping shit on the bus floor. One advise: NEVER EVER take the back seat near the pisser!! OK? If its a long trip, you gonna be sick of that piss smell. The best place is to sit in front, the FIRST row, on the left. You can see the road, and thre are plenty of space for the legs.
What else! Grab one of your friends, and you can save 50% on the companion fare! Thats not a lot of money, but still...
Real America is all about HIGHWAYS . Just kidding. Yea, you gonna have plenty of experience, and besides you would see DOZENS of places, different places. OK?
One question, did you say SPRINGBREAK?? ;) MAn, it TOO late for traveling. GO on weekends, go see your dudes at nearby universities, go somewhere for THanksgiving, Xmas, New year and shit! You gonna have lots of memories. I miss greyhoud, and I am sick of flying!!!!Even here in Canada, when I need to go somewhere, I always take greyhound serious.
Take care. Taras.

29-Oct-2001 02:30 AM
artur
Hey wassup people? about greyhound and yeah the front seat on the left is the one i usually took, but beauce my first trip by greyhound was very very very long, and i had to wait for six hours when switching buses i hated it, i mean the best part about greayhound for me is out of bus, i mean at the station or whenever you have time to walk around the city/town but the actuall trip part i hated anyways guys i think its just better to go somewhere with friends by their car, it works better for me, i went to visit a friend of mine and the trip took us 9 hours one way and that wasnt less fun than greyhound, at least you get to pee in the neture

29-Oct-2001 04:40 AM
Tarasishe
Haha, nu yasnoye delo na mashyne ludshe, tolko vot nevsegda est znakomye kotorye edut tuda kuda tebe nado.

29-Oct-2001 09:00 AM
Nana
Hi everyone,

I join to almost everything that was said about the Greyhound, I took a couple of trips by it too.
But in case some of you prefer planes (despite the recent events in US), I would just advise you to buy the tickets online and better do it like a month or so in advance. You will get incredibly cheap fares, trust me. I was able to fly from Michigan to San Diego for 210$ ROUND TRIP!
I can give you the web sites for air tickets
www.travelocity.com
www.qixo.com

Best of luck

Nana

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 04:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved