ANNOUNCEMENTS!
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> ANNOUNCEMENTS! Post new topic
Author
Topic
19-May-2006 09:20 PM
 Help!!! Post Reply
jmartin678
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hello,

My name is James Martin. I am wanting to do a course in journalism, as I want to become a television journalist some day. I have done quite well here in the UK already, but need to be in America to reach my true potential as hardly any colleges in the UK offer journalism courses.

Anyway,
I am a British Citizen, aged 17, and currently living in the UK with a UK passport.
What do I have to do before being able to come to America to attend a college. Would I be able to start a course straight away. Do I have to enroll on a course, then come to America, or do I come to America and then enroll on the course. Then I would need to know what to do regarding accommodation, as I do not have any money at 17, and I am from a poor family as my parents cant work as my father is disabled. Is there on-campus accommodation for international students? Also, would a course be free of charge for me to do? and finally, Would I get financial help off an organization or the government for everyday living costs for clothing, food, bills etc. Because moving to America would be building a whole new life for myself from nothing.

Please advise me,

Many Thanks
James
jmartin678@yahoo.co.uk

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Thu May 07:05 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved