Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
19-Jan-2003 10:59 PM
 J1 visa/student with scholarship Post Reply
Cindi
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hello, everyone, I have a question maybe to those who are or to those who know anything about extension of J 1 exhange student visa after the completion of the program. According to the requiremnet of the sponsor - the grantee must come back to his/her home country and stay 2 years before coming back. I was wondering if anyone could help me to figure out if there is an option for a student to stay and find job in the US? Thanx a lot

20-Jan-2003 11:01 AM
 Re: J1 visa/student with scholarship Post Reply
Neo
Community member
Home Coutry:
hey Cindi:

I'm finishing my 2YHRR this summer Actually it is possible to postpone it, but as far as I know you can never get rid of it.
If I'm not mistaked, in your visa it should say smth like "Section blah-blah-blah". Without completing your 2YHRR the only visa you can get is a student visa (F1). You can't get H1 visa.
So, in theory you can continue your studying in the states after your J1, but you'll need to apply for F1 visa. Again, F1 is your only option.

And don't forget, this way, or that way you'll have to complete 2YHRR... you will not be able to get neither H1 nor spatus of permament resident (aka greencard).

Hope this helps,
Andy

13-Jul-2005 12:27 AM
 Re: J1 visa/student with scholarship Post Reply
priya
Community member
Home Coutry:
hi

Did u check this website

http://www.f1study.com

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri May 04:05 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved