Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
23-Apr-2003 04:55 PM
 Several questions here seeking for help Post Reply
sean
Community member
Home Coutry:
holla
i am an international student just like most of yall in here
surely having hard times living in this country,really looking for some advises, i am from china hong kong by the way ,i just move into simi valley and enrolled into moorpark college,anywho live in ventura county can hook me up no doubt

aight back to track, i just got hired by the Vons aka Safeway supermarket ,but i am wondering if i can work off-campus,even though i got the social security card with such statement on [ valid for work only with INS authorization] since i am really having a financial hardship,i need a job really bad darn ,other than that how am i suppose to do to overcome this and get graduated ?since u know the tuition is killing the international student in US,are there any financial aids/scholarship program/on-campus job for int student ?i'd be glad to hear from u folks

another thing,how can improve my english and have better transportation in a short period of time ??darn too many questions,cant ask them all at once ,please somebody rescue me here please

will be greatly appreciate

24-Apr-2003 11:01 AM
 Re: Several questions here seeking for help Post Reply
Tarasishe
Community member
Home Coutry:
Theoretically you CAN NOT work with that SSN# offcampus. But that does not mean that practically you cannt do that Ideally for you would be to request a work permit from INS due to the financial hardship. They dont usually issue those easily, but you can still try. Talk to the Intern. Student advisor at your school, she/he should be able to help you with that.
If you are risky enough, you can just go ahead and start working at the supermarket with the SSN# you have. As I said Its risky, and if you are caught you can be deported for the immigration law violation, especially those days. So, the choice is yours.
Check out the Fin Aid section at http://abroadplanet.com it has tons of info.
I dont quite get what do you mean by "better transportation"
Hope that help. T.

24-Apr-2003 06:00 PM
sean
Community member
Home Coutry:
it certainly help me a lot

what i am saying is [i dont have a car] LOL

so how can i get better transportation if i dont have car ?like carpool stuffs like that ?

14-Jul-2005 02:40 AM
priya
Community member
Home Coutry:
flood

[Message was edited by LILKA on July 17 ]

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri May 05:05 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved