Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
25-Mar-2003 03:50 AM
 TAXES Post Reply
Olesya
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hello guys!
I think now I want to address those, who came from the States more than a year ago. I came bacl from the USA at the year of 2001 and recently I've got a package with the taxes forms for the last year. I haven't been in the States for the last year and I don't have any income from there, but I've got that package regardless. So I don't know if I should fill these forms in or should I just leave them. I would leave them, but what if I need to fill them down and maybe I'll go to the States one more time, so I don't want to have any problems with that.
Maybe some of you got the same, so tell me what are you going to do (or what you've already done.)
Thanks.
Olesya

25-Mar-2003 02:26 PM
 Re: TAXES Post Reply
proper
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hello, Lesya!

I bet you are in quite a doubt about those tax returns. So am I )) And telling the truth I have not done anything about those forms, but just put them down in a long box.

Maybe some other guys know anything?

Proper

25-Mar-2003 02:44 PM
Neo
Community member
Home Coutry:
Sup guys!

I do I've got those tax forms some time ago and started asking my peace corps friends to help me to fill them up.
They didn't know what to do with them as well, so one of them contacted their tax accountant in the states and described my situation.
That person told me that I don't have to fill up the forms.
So, don't worry Be happy

Andy
P.S. Proper, I'll be in Kiev in the 4th of April!

26-Mar-2003 02:53 AM
Olesya
Community member
Home Coutry:
Thanks God we don't have to do anything about that! I am already happy, Neo
Olesya
P. S. Proper, I won't be in Kiev anytime soon

01-Apr-2003 06:57 AM
LILKA
Country editor
Home Coutry:
HI GUYZ, I GOT SIMILAR QUESTS.

IT'S LOGICAL THAT U DON'T NEED 2 FILL IN TAX FORMS: 2001 ALUMNI HAVEN'T LIVED OR RECEIVED INCOME FRO D STATES 4 THIS FINANCIAL YEAR. BT WHAT ABT '02 ALUMNI? AFTER APRIL '02 WE'VE RECEIVED SCHOLARSHIP INCOME /1-3MONTHS, DEPENDING ON UNI/. WHAT SHOULD WE DO? A FRIEND F MINE RECEIVED THE FORMS LAST MONTH. DID U GET THEM LAST YR & RETURNED 2 IRS FILLED?

I REMEMBER DAYS' HEADACHE OF FILLIN THEM OUT, DON'T FEEL LIKE GOIN THROUGH IT AGAIN, DAMN. BT IN FORMS THERE WERE A NOTICE, THAT IF WE INTEND 2 COME BACK 2 D STATES, WE SHOULD KEEP THAT FORMS, WHICH MIGHT B CHECKED 2 GET VISA. SO, U BETTER HAVE NO PROB WITH IRS. I'M /& MOST OF US/ PLANNIN 2 DO MASTERS IN D STATES, DON'T WANNA ADD EXTRA PROBS, JUST KOZ WERE LAZY

I HAVE ANOTHER PROB. I WON AN AWARD FRO MY UNI ON SPRING SEMESTER. MY ADVISOR TOLD ME, THAT THOUGH I WON IT BE4 APRIL, SPONSORING BUSINESSES DIDN'T SEND D CHECK YET, SO NO INCOME OCCURRED. BT I SHOULD SHOW THAT INCOME IN THE NEXT YR REPORTS, WHEN I GET D FORMS. I GOT $$ ALREADY IN ARMENIA & NO TAXES WERE HELD. MEANS I SHOULD PAY SMTH NOW? ANY IDEA? ANY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE?

THX, LIL

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sat Sep 10:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved