Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
19-Jun-2000 08:33 PM
  ILLEGAL CAN THEY STUDY AT THE COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY?????
giselle
WOULD YOU LET ME KNOW IF ILLEGAL PEOPLE CAN STUDY PLEASE IF UOR ANSWER IS YES COULD YOU TELL WHERE????????

19-Jun-2000 08:59 PM
 Re: ILLEGAL CAN THEY STUDY AT THE COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY?????
F1Student.com
As a rule you have to ask the school directly. We asked La Guardia Community College in Queens, NY and they said they accept illegal aliens. You don't have to get I-20 from them then.

We assume this is the rule with most community colleges. Note that in a community college you can get a discount tuition if you are a local resident (you have to prove that you live in the city or state for more than a year).

We think private colleges might have different policies. If anybody knows something - help us out.

ESL schools and continuing education schools don't ask about your legal status unless you want to get an I-20 from them.

17-Jul-2000 08:30 PM
a guy
illegal cannot study in college or uni. unless you get a international aplication so you could go there. in my city illegal can study in community colleges and im Houston so its call (HCC) Houston Community College.

18-Jul-2000 04:49 AM
F1Student.com
Do you know about state universities? We thought all public schools have the same rules.

Thanks for your help, we appreciate that.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Mon Sep 01:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved