Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
08-Jun-2002 01:06 AM
 Re: F1-->Illegal work---->F1
Drifter
If you are currently under Deportation Proceeding, you¡¦d better return to your country and apply your GC from the consulate.
Go to Vegas, get married, file your petition, return to your country and wait for your GC is what you should do now, and let¡¦s just hope your American boyfriend has the stomach for that!

15-Jun-2002 10:15 PM
Hi Drifter !
I think you can help.
Thanks~~~

12-Jul-2002 03:27 AM
daisy
thanx Drifter... let me explain my situation here.
As I mentioned before, I've been working after I graduated and received my BS degree; however, my OPT has already expired and I did not get a change to apply for H1. It's been over a year now since my I-20 and OPT expired, so I guess I'm technically 'illegal' rather than 'out of status F1 student.' I've been with my current employer for over a year, but they're not aware of my status. I'm using my SSN and paid my taxes. So my question is how do I regain my legal status now? What are my options? Should I get into a graduate program and get F1 visa or apply for H1?

12-Jul-2002 03:29 AM
daisy
it should read "didn't get a CHANCE to apply for H1"

12-Jul-2002 06:43 AM
Drifter
Well,Well, Daisy :

You definitely are taking your time for everything aren't you? Back in June, when I asked you to post your questions on the message board, I could have helped you with correcting your status problem but it¡¦s too late now! SEVIS is running the show now.

I now understand why you got yourself in such a difficult position in the first place. You don't really care!

02-Aug-2002 05:10 PM
Lin
Daisy:

My advice to you is to speak to a good immigration lawyer. There are options for you but you need good professional advice.

In Trouble:

Have you told your FSA/DSO the whole story? Including the bit about working illegally? In almost all cases reinstatements are not available to those who have worked illegally and the only option is to reenter on a new I-20. Most FSA/DSO's won't even touch a reinstatement if the student has worked illegally as it is sure to be denied (not good for the school or the student). Your situation is complicated and you should try to discuss this with the FSA-- if you feel comfortable with him/her. If not find another at the school that you are more comfortable with.

03-Aug-2002 03:55 PM
InTrouble
Yes, I have discussed detail with my FSA. Let's see what happens. Thanks.

13-Aug-2002 05:42 PM
Gee
I'm a student in college, full time.
I have worked during the previous year illegal. Now I have transferred to another college and have a new I-20 form, but I still haven't gone to the INS to change my college. Do you think they can deport me out of the US?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions what to do and advises!
nae

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 04:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved