Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
31-Jan-2002 06:34 PM
  overstayed,illegal work,community college
neema
I came to the US on f1 student visa from Africa to go to University in 1998. During my first year my parents couldn't continue paying fees. I stayed in US have been working illegally using my social (employers haven't been checking at all) and now I enrolled at local community college. Unfortunately, denied me in-state because i lived here under illegal status and couldn; file tax return, and it's costing me alot. I really want to go back to school (a 4yr college with help of scholarship) but then comes trouble with my papers and I-20. this community college didn't issue me an I-20 and i am scared to ask, but come time to transfer what do i do. I have no status!My visa expired 1 year and a half ago. What do i do? Can i force them to transfer my 1-20. What if they say no? Will they deny me the right to take classes? About my illegal situation i'm looking to get married.Do you think it's a solution. Please help! I'm lokoking for lawyers but they're all asking for aroudn $7000.Please I need advice or tell me where to get it. Thank you and god bless!

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sat Sep 02:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved