Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
05-Apr-2002 11:48 PM
  Credit Card Without Credit History?
jimmy
Hi,
I have just finished reading the credit card section and it's really helpful.
However, is there anyone who can tell me your personal experience how you got approved for a credit card? It would be much much better if there is a real life example.
Thanks.

09-Apr-2002 07:10 AM
 Re: Credit Card Without Credit History?
creative
u can get a credit card without a credit history . u should apply to discover and amex blue u will most likely be approved another is capital one.try these i did and got them.

12-Apr-2002 03:13 AM
aqua_jeanne
One time I tried to fiil out the application of capitol from CITI back by internet,but they wanted where I work.Actually I am an international student.
How did you get them ??? ^^

12-Apr-2002 08:09 PM
creative
no one checks where u work . i used to write trustin empolyer and give amount a handsome ofcourse and there u go.no problem.they dont care they want ur business.

if not this then try secured cards like chex card or amerionecard.

13-Apr-2002 08:16 AM
alex
2 people i knew applied for Discover and lied about their job - noone ever checked ($10,000 credit, you know). Several other students applied for Capital One as if they had bad credit. One guy i know tried to apply for Capital One on the phone and failed cause they asked too many questions - apply by mail. Personally - I won't tell you. Apply for the worst credit offer you get and build a credit history. Works like magic.

13-Apr-2002 08:24 AM
Serge
I openly stated to Discover I was a foreigner - but I already had a credit history then. I think most credit card companies really don't care about your real job. The only person that was ever questioned about her job and tax return is my girlfriend, I believe. I blame the Zionist conspiracy and Mr. Sharon personally...

21-Apr-2002 11:56 PM
rudy
i recently got a credit card from capital one they had denied me a few months ago. I talked with a representetive from my bank about my credit history. They advised a secured loan and i have built my history and have secured a credit card. They do check your credit history and on this report it tells them where you work or if you are a student. It is also good practise to get a credit report and get mistakes corrected on it.

13-Jun-2002 04:05 AM
NeoZone
Just wanted to bring this topic back for what it said about Discover. No people, they do not give you a credit card if you say you are a foreign national on a student visa. I already have a credit history, with a capital one card and one from my bank. They said I was a temporary resident so I am not eligible, I asked a rep. on the phone and she told me that if someone lies and they find out, they confiscate your card. BTW, I have instead applied to ParagonFCU.com.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 11:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved