Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
26-Sep-2000 08:33 PM
  Need HELP! (Please, would really appreciate it!)
OneLove
Hello, I just would like to know if you guys know how it would be like to come to the U.S. I mean this friend of mine wants to come to the U.S. and she is a canadian citizen and she wants to study in the U.S. How would she go about it? She wouls just like to come on over to the U.S. is the bottom line, thank you all and I hope you guys could help me!
Sincerely~
One Love
If you would like to email me it's: fubudogg5@hotmail.com

27-Sep-2000 12:09 PM
 Re: Need HELP! (Please, would really appreciate it!)
If she's a Canadian citizen, she just needs to get a driver's license, a passport, and a tank of gas. She'd be given an I-94 card for a B-2 tourist when she comes over the border.

If she wants to be a student, she should decide what school she wants to apply to, apply, get an I-20 from that school, and have it processed by INS as she comes over the border. She'll then need to be a full-time student at that school.

If she wants to work in the US, she should find a company that will hire her & apply for a Trade NAFTA visa for her.

29-Sep-2000 06:59 PM
OneLove
well I was wondering what they'd (U.S.) do if I marry this girl and could she be a permanent resident? If I marry her what then? I'm a permanent resident. I'm going to be applying to become a U.S. citizen soon but I just wanna' know what I could do about her?! If you could tell me this I'll really appreciate it!
Thanks~
OneLove

30-Sep-2000 11:52 AM
steve
If you're talking marriage, don't make that decision based on your relative visa catagories. Talk to a marriage counselor who will give you sound, objective feedback. Give your marriage more thought than just popping a note off to a bunch on anonymous people on the internet.

Regarding your visa situation, talk to an immigration lawyer. A K1 visa is for a person's fiance, but I really don't know the rules surrounding it. I believe its good for six months, but again, find a better source than this (no offense to other participants intended).

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Mon Sep 05:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved