Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
31-Jul-2002 10:06 PM
  i got the visa!
eliana
im so happy, i got the visa! i cant still believe it, the people at the embassy here (in buenos aires argentina) was really polite, that calmed me down
the only paper i had to show was the bank statement, i had lots of other documents they didnt want to see
they didnt even ask me if i'll come back to argentina!!! im staying at someone else's house, the woman was mainly worried about who this person was, and why she was letting me stay (cuz i stayed there 2 months last years) she said that was pretty expensive why would she do that, i said she was friends with my mom etc etc and then she basically asked me if my dad was going to give me all his money, i said no, that the bank statement just shows the money i'll use to college cuz the bank said it was illegal to show complete account information due to their bank privacy policies
then she asked me HOW he got that money etc etc
then she asked about the toefl i told her if she wanted to see the scores report, she said no just tell me how much you got, i said 273..she said 273 out of what? i said out of 300
and then she said..oh so we can continue this interview in english, i said sure, but i was so nervous i was speaking really quickly she had to tell me to slow down hahahahaha
well, so i got my visa, thank you all because this forum was really helpful
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 04:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved