Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
04-Jul-2002 06:36 PM
  How to get medical/dental coverage???
Ben-Ami
Hi how can I get some sort of coverage for medical or dental if I do not have a social security no. and I am not a student.?

Thank you

Schlomo

04-Jul-2002 09:45 PM
 Re: How to get medical/dental coverage???
Serge
I assume you're from Israel. I've seen an insurance company that advertizes in Yediot America that provides coverage for Israeli students and non-students. I don't have a link to them. I got their application forms once and they are a bit expensive. But then again insurance is always expensive, especially dental.

06-Jul-2002 12:01 AM
Ben Ami
Manishama Serge, Tov Toda for your reply I am not Israeli just a bogus name (south african actually) I have been following your correspondence on this site eagerly and it seems you and I have a lot in common ,

I wrote the article in word of mouth 'be optimistic now' back last year after 9/11 and it sure seems that we all just have to 'deal' with our various concerns?

Hope to keep hearing from you , enjoy your insight a lot.

By the way do they have some or other medical coverge in this country where SSN wont be required???

Thanks

Jack

06-Jul-2002 04:03 AM
Serge
Slikha, Jack.

Oh, thanks, man. I don't really have that much of an insight judging by my current situation. There's gotta be something... Like travel insurance. I know my old travel insurance paid for my emergency dental bills.

I've met a guy who's travel insurance payed for his supposedly stolen walkman - you would never expect something like that from a Swede and that's who he was. Are there any local SA papers in the US? Sorry I can't be of much help here.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 07:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved