Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
01-Jun-2002 05:29 PM
 Re: How long does it take to approve F1 visas??
dinky
thats an encourging news. i hope i get that approvel too.

05-Jun-2002 06:44 AM
Drifter
Good things are happening....

08-Jun-2002 06:39 PM
Dinky
Can you please tell me about your friend?... i mean, what courses he/she intend to take.
thanks

10-Jun-2002 06:44 AM
Drifter
Both of them are taking ESL classes at some private language schools.I assume regular academic programs at universities shall be even easier.

10-Jun-2002 09:30 PM
Veronika
Hy guys, I'm in the United States on a practical training for 1 year and I got accepted to University to get my masters degree, here in America. The school advisor told me I need to actually have the visa in the passport in order to enroll for classes, so I have to go home after this one expires to apply for F1.I know that before Sept. 11 you could enroll only with an I20 Form and apply for a visa whenever you decide to go home for a visit.If anyone knows what the exact procedure is now, please let me know ASAP.Also, do I need to send my I20 to INS for approval if I will be applying for a visa from my country? Do I have any other options? I would appreciate any information! Thank you in advance!

11-Jun-2002 12:05 AM
Drifter
You do NOT need to return to your country if you don't want to at this time! What you need to do is to find a good Immigration attorney to assist you with Change of Status from J1 to F1. After your application is submitted, you can start your courses at university immediately.

In case you plan to return to your country to apply F-1 visa, you need to present I-20s to US consulate not INS!

Good Luck !

11-Jun-2002 02:45 PM
marmaduke
Wow COS for ESL classes, sounds good man! i am planning for full time college. And things look really optimistic. i hope they don't change laws till December!

16-Jun-2002 08:56 AM
Drifter
Both of them took approximatly 45 days to recive the approval this time !

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 09:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved