Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
17-Jun-2002 04:59 PM
 Re: How long does it take to approve F1 visas??
bapubalu
Can you be more specific?

30-Jun-2002 05:52 AM
fleabuggy
I entered the Us on a B2 visa in January and i submitted my COS papers on the 6 of June. I want to start college in the fall. I read the post about being able to start school if you got here befor 4/12. Is this true? and how long do you think i'll have to wait for the INS to notify me about my COS?

03-Jul-2002 04:41 AM
Fury
I filed my I-20 last november and received a letter asking for further evidences last april. I submitted loads of documents some of them really irrational and irritating, I think that they didn't even review my first application because they were asking for the same documents that I already sunmitted. but anyway, I just got my approval letter 6/30 which makes it approx. 25 days from my filing date so they are really efficient now. ADVICE TO THOSE WHO ARE CHANGING FROM B2 TO F1: Do not lose hope! just make sure you comply to everything they ask from you and you will be fine!
GOOD LUCK TO EVRYONE!

15-Jul-2002 04:00 PM
Keyur Patel
I had applied for a change of status from b2 to f1 and i have given all the the documents including the I20 form from my school to mmy attorney in february and i received a receipt from the ins in april saying that i have paid my fee. But i have not received the visas.I have no idea how long it will take for the approval, so please give me any more information if you have to help me. Thank you.

15-Jul-2002 04:08 PM
Keyur Patel
Hey what I did was I got enrolled in highschool on my b2 visas then I hired an attorney to chsnge my b2 status to f1 then he extended my b2 visas. He told my school to get me the I20 form after i filled it out I posted it to my attorney and he will take care of the rest of the case with the Ins.Thats all youve got to do.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 09:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved