Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
20-Dec-2001 04:01 PM
  desperate - Visa Denied - Proof of Ties - Any suggestions?
charlo
My fried was just denied a studen visa by the US Embassy in France. He did not prove his ties. He has no property or job in France since he gave up his apartment and job in order to start school in Jan 2002. Does anyone have any concrete examples of proof that he will return to France, or is it to late for him to reapply in order to start school Jan 3, 2002.

Any help anyone can provide is GREATLY appreciated!!!

23-Dec-2001 10:28 AM
 Re: desperate - Visa Denied - Proof of Ties - Any suggestions?
Frank
It's hard to prove that a person will return, especially when the consulates are suspicious of everyone's intent these days.

From France, though, I would guess that he could come on a visa waiver, which is good for three months and requires that he return within that time. I suppose if he made the trip on that basis a few times, he'll have established a record of having returned each time. A B-2 tourist visa would give him six months, though a change of status to F-1 is a pain. (The school shouldn't be able to deny his attendance based on his visa type. In the long run he'd do well to stay in status with whatever visa type he chooses, but nonetheless, he could attend at least part-time as a tourist. He'll just get a lot of admonitions from the school about changing his status.)

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sat Sep 07:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved