Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
15-Aug-2001 07:41 AM
  clarification about J-1....
go2shellay
Hi guys,i was in states twice on j-1 visa.first time i went there to attend a summer camp in 99.then again i went back to states in jan,00 on a j-1 for 18 months.My question now is how can i come to states on a student visa or any other visa.I am back in my home country,india,came back in stipulated time and have an excellent record in states. I made a mistake,i bought an I-20 from one college in new york and i went to the embassy here in new delhi,i was denied the f-1 visa.the student visa counsellor at the window told me that i should'nt be here applying for a visa yet and also that as i was applying for an associates degree whereas i already have a bachelors?? My j1 visa stamp in passport has an annotation--rule(212)applies whereas my IAP-66 says that i am not subject to 2 years home requirement.what can i do,what options do i have now,would really appreciate your feedback,thanks.

15-Aug-2001 05:09 PM
 Re: clarification about J-1....
Brian
Unfortunately, the IAP-66 doesn't determine the determine the two year home requirement. Evidently the counselor offical who approved the J-1 believed the bar to be appropriate. You probably should have fought it then because it's hard to change once you've finished the program. I'm not sure now what you can do, short of hiring a lawyer. It's possible that you can request an interview and explain what happened. Check out the if it's possible on your local consulate's web site. You can find it here http://travel.state.gov/links.html.

Good luck.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sat Sep 07:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved