Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
30-Aug-2000 07:24 PM
  evidence showing residence abroad
keishap
I have apply for a change of status to F-1 visa and I have received a letter from the INS requesting more information. They asked that i submit evidence to establish that I have a residence abroad to which I intend to return. What are the best documents to submit? If anybody has been in similar situation like this I would be grateful for your help. Is My father's Title of his house a good document to submit?

31-Aug-2000 05:43 AM
 Re: evidence showing residence abroad
Serge
It's good. Also get a personal letter from your father confirming this and asking for assistance in getting a student status. The letter should also indicate that you intend to return to your country and that you live in this house. It's better to get this letter notorized (add a notorized translation if needed).

01-Sep-2000 09:28 PM
 Re: evidence showing residence abroad
keishap
Do I have to submit my Father's Title for his house? Can I submit a bank statement in my name or that would not be enough to convince INS that I have a home abroad. Can you give me some suggestions in regards to the kind of documents to submit. Thank you.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Mon Sep 07:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved