Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
08-Apr-2002 06:17 AM
  my strategy to get an H1B.. tell me what you think
the fox
Hi
I have been tryint to live in the US for so long, lived and worked illegally in new york for a year and now been a student at a community college just for the purpose of staying in the US.. I mean I have some education already from france etc etc.. My strategy is find a company that is familiar with H1B procedures and once i graduate to be an intern for a year in this company... as far as i understand once OPT ends I can go for a J1 right? which allows me an other 18 months or directly try to get a H1B...I d be willing to pay all the fees of course... any comments? any feedback?

13-Apr-2002 07:54 AM
 Re: my strategy to get an H1B.. tell me what you think
serge
Normally you don't need to go through J-1. As long as you have a BA you need to try and find a sponsor for an H-1B while you are still on practical training.

Unless you can tell us something we don't know about (and would like to learn). I've contacted several companies that help getting J-1 visas and all of them had some reservations about F-1 students getting J-1 after OPT.

Normal strategy seems to be F-1 > H-1B > Green card.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 08:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved