Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
25-Jul-2000 07:58 PM
  which major is the most popular one?
zaozaoz
I intend to go to States with a B-2 visa and study in a community college, then try to transfer to a 4-years college to obtain bachelor degree. After that I will try to stay and work illegally. In this case, which major is the easies one for me to get an illegally job?

26-Jul-2000 04:18 AM
 Re: which major is the most popular one?
Serge
Dude, if you can get a bachelors degree you won't have to work illegally. Here's what you should do:

On B-2 visa you can stay for 6 months and then extend it for 6 more months. Make sure you don't overstay your B-2. You can go to an ESL school for a couple of months to keep your status. During this year you find your community college and work illegally to save money, if you have to. Change your status to F-1 with an I-20 from your college.

After your community college transfer to a 4-year college. By the way if you are out of status (illegal) you probably won't be able to get into a 4-year college. So stay in status. Get a BA degree. Get 1 year of practical training (it's easy, everybody can do it). During your practical training try to find a company that's going to sponsor you for an H-1 working visa.

Best thing to study is probably IT (information technology) or computer science - they hire a lot of foreigners.

Best place to find work for foreigners is New York City, definitely. It's expensive to live here, though.

18-Jul-2005 05:45 AM
 Re: which major is the most popular one?
priya
Community member
Home Coutry:
hi

Did u check this website

http://wwwf1study.com

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sat Jul 02:07 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved