Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
28-Mar-2002 12:07 AM
  Can I come back from Canada?
Girl again
Thanks for you guys' reply, but I still a little bit confused.

I have expired visa. I want to go to Canada. I will denfinately get a Canada visa before I go. MY point is if I can come back. And I am not going to get a new US visa in Canada.(i know it is not possible after April.1)
So in this case, I will come back to the US with my expired visa from Canada. (Can I come back???) Thank you very much. I am sorry I ask this again.

17-Apr-2002 02:40 PM
 Re: Can I come back from Canada?
nancy
Yeah, i have the same problem here. I plan to attend a conference in canada for about one week in November, but my F-1 visa is gonna be expired by that time. Called the international student office this morning and was told that i'll have to go back to my own country to get a new US visa before i could go to canada. However, my friend just came back from canada after staying there for 5 days during spring break and they said that as long as i have a valid I-20 form and a passport, i could always come back to US within 30 days without getting a new US visa. Which one is true then? And the new April 1st rule does NOT say that we'll HAVE TO go back to our own country to get a new visa in the very beggining, but have to do that after getting rejected, is this correct? Thank you all for the help!

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 05:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved