Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
11-May-2002 07:58 AM
  from High School to College - F!
GuestAnon
Hello ...
My mom is a studer here in US and her status is F1. My status is F2 because I'm a dependent. I don't have a Social Security (since I can't get one).
Now ... my mom is planning back to go back to homeland for good since she finish with her study. I wanted to stay here for college (I'm graduating this year [2002]). But the problem is the financial problem. Because they wanted more money from International Student rather than resident.
Is there anyway that I can go to college here without having paying those huge amount of money and still be legal? I'm also trying to find a way to get my social security so I can work during the summer!

Please email me / chat with me ==> BatakZ@hotmail.com

Thanks

29-May-2002 07:47 PM
 Re: from High School to College - F!
Drifter
I hope you are aware that as soon as your mom leaves USA your F-2 will be terminated. You shall change your status to F-1 ASAP.

After receiving F-1 status , you shall try to request an on-campus permit from the school you attend and apply a SSN with the authorized permit from school.

Good Luck!

03-Jun-2002 10:37 PM
Paula
Hello:

The university that I attend is very affordable. All Minnesota state universities offer resident tuition to international students under some conditions... It's cold in here though!

At Metropolitan State University in Saint Paul, on the second semester, international students are able to pay resident tuition if they maintain a 2.5 GPA and do 30 hours per semester of volunteer work (which is easy to find...)
So, for example, from the second semester on, international students pay about $1300.00 for 12 credits including fees............ So, it's very affordable comparing to most universities. On the first semester, however, student must pay $221.39 per credit, which is $2656.00.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Here is the site of the university: www.metrostate.edu. For international students admission, click on: http://www.metrostate.edu/admissions/reqinternatl.htm

Best of luck!

03-Jun-2002 10:38 PM
Paula
Forgot to leave my e-mail address: jotapaula@hotmail.com

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 01:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved