Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
25-Sep-2001 10:54 PM
  Story for ABC's 20/20 (request for input)
Frank
Audrey Latman of ABC's news show "20/20" is trying to find students to interview for a story they're working on. She will protect the privacy/identity of anyone who calls.

She's trying to get a perspective on the story that's difficult to come by. Specifically, she's looking for people who entered the U.S. on an F-1 visa but did not attend school (and are now out-of-status), and who are willing to talk about their experience, and/or their view of U.S. immigration laws.

If you'd like to contribute to the story that she's working on, please call her at (212) 456-2014 within the next few days.

P.S. - I'm a DSO who was interviewed for another aspect of the story. I basically volunteered to post this message in hopes that someone might want to contribute their thoughts. Perhaps Serge wouldn't mind calling Audrey just to verify this for others.

04-Oct-2001 05:35 PM
 Re: Story for ABC's 20/20 (request for input)
Serge
Sorry Frank I wasn't reading this board for a while. I'm perfectly in status so I guess I'm not the person they are looking for. And I've changed from B-2 to F-1.

I don't even work illegally these days.

04-Oct-2001 09:19 PM
 Re: Story for ABC's 20/20 (request for input)
Frank
Hi Serge: I wasn't suggesting that you might be out of status. I was just thinking that you might want to call Audrey to verify for others that her interest in pursuing this story was legit. (since someone who is out of status might be reluctant to follow up on this, especially on the word of a DSO).

I imagine she's moved on to other things by now.

Best wishes with the F-1.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sat Sep 04:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved