Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
01-Apr-2002 06:25 PM
  Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Help
ME
I have expired visa. I want to go to Canada. I will denfinately get a Canada visa before I go. MY question is can I come back. And I am not going to get a new US visa in Canada.(i know it is not possible after April.1)
So in this case, I will come back to the US with my expired visa from Canada. (Can I come back???) Thank you very much. I am sorry I ask this again.

01-Apr-2002 09:49 PM
 Re: Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Help
InTrouble
"ME", check this site.
http://www.csuchico.edu/gisp/
ip/Int_Stud/Int_travel.html

Look at question number 8, 9 etc....

Hope that helps.

03-Apr-2002 07:00 PM
InTrouble
The webpage I have refered you does not have the one information that has been changed by the new April ! rule. Nationals of the following terrorist supporting countries would not be allowed to use this 'auto revalidation rules - Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, North Korea, and Libya. So if you are not from any of those countries, you can re-enter USA from Canada as long as your visit to Canada is of less than 30 days. If you are from any of those seven countries, you will need a new visa.

12-Apr-2002 11:03 PM
Real American
If you have an expired US visa, then there's no way the INS is gonna let you back in. Why would you wanna go to Canada anyway? Stick around here in the US where things are better.

13-Apr-2002 08:01 AM
Serge
Dude, be careful. I've recently read that INS is changing it's rules on this. Last year you would be able to do it without problems (up to 30 days to Mexico and Canada) but it looks like INS has changed it's rules, so

DON'T DO IT - I'll try to get more details on this. Generally everybody should sit tight until the whole thing is over - and look for any openings in the system.

14-Apr-2002 02:16 AM
Serge
OK, looks like you can do it unless you are from any of the countries mentioned above and you don't apply for a new visa. Sorry for the false alarm.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 08:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved