Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
20-Feb-2001 04:41 PM
  Is the Tution fee mentioned on the I-20 the amount I have to pay
upender_gehlot
My I-20 says my tution amount for one academic year as $ 10800. When i joined the university, the tution fee i was asked to pay was $18000 for one academic term. This is a hike of 7600 for on academic term.
I am in no poition to pay this ammount. The school has accepted its mistake that they have made a blunder in writing that amount. They have given me some aid but not enough to cover the $15000 exrta amount.
I work on-campus for about 15 hrs a week but the amount which i earn goes to my tution fee.
I am stuck here with no help. Should I take the legal path? Please advice.

23-Feb-2001 09:37 PM
 Re: Is the Tution fee mentioned on the I-20 the amount I have to pay
cat
on I-20, they always put the full price that includes money for school and living ( if you live on campus) . for example on my I 20 it says $22.000 , but i only pay $15.000 for school , because i live off campus, so i do not have to pay extra $7.000. i hope that will help. go and ask your advisor to explain how much you really have to pay for each semester.
-Cat

01-Mar-2001 12:53 AM
 Re: Is the Tution fee mentioned on the I-20 the amount I have to pay
Serge
I think I-20 is more for the INS, it's not like a contract between you and the school or anything. Usually the school has to specify the tuition amount on some other admission documents, not just the I-20. If they did you probably don't have a case. If the I-20 is the only paper mentioning tuition that they've sent you it makes sense to contact a lawyer.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sun Sep 03:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved