Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
10-Jan-2001 12:14 PM
  Visa denial..please help!!!!
Posino
In September 2000, a friend of mine left the USA for what initially was a brief visit to South Africa due to her mom's illness. She was residing in a country on a J1 visa which she eventually changed to F1 status. When she went to US Embassy (SA) for a visa stamp (F1 visa) she was denied a visa. She attempted 2 applications for a new visa @ the US Embassy and her passport has been stamped twice indicating her attempts were denied. She now has a new visa with a new passport number and want to get back in the US using a tourist visa.
Quest.1 - If her old passport is cancelled , is there a way the Embassy and the INS could see she was once in the US when using her new passport.
Quest.2 - When filling inn the immigration form upon arrival should she indicate that she was once denied a visa (assuming that a new passport number practically gives her a new identity).

10-Jan-2001 09:13 PM
 Re: Visa denial..please help!!!!
I would suggest assuming a new identity. Otherwise INS will ask why her visa was denied and why she is using a new passport. INS probably doesn't have any records of visa denial. I suppose she didn't mention to the Embassy that her applications were denied when she applied for a new visa.

It's my personal opinion.

18-Jan-2001 05:29 AM
ahmed
it is difficult to do that because everything is saved on their computer, the best thing she can do is to find a man who can marry her then they are boliged by the law to give her the visa then she can divorce, i think it s the only way to get the visa again on such situation

18-Jan-2001 11:29 PM
ay3314
Your friend will likely be denied of F-1 if she had already been denied before. Her best bet is to go to Canada to study!!!

20-Jan-2001 08:02 AM
Serge
Her visa application was denied by the Embassy, not the INS. Since then the Embassy gave her a new visa, after she changed her passport. INS doesn't know anything about that, as far as I understand the American government. INS on the border usually just looks at the visa and stamps the I-94.

Just an opinion.

[ This message was edited by: Serge on: 1-20-2001 07:09 ]

[ This message was edited by: Serge on: 1-20-2001 07:09 ]

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sun Sep 09:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved