Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
27-Oct-2001 09:14 PM
  REENTER THE U.S. WITH NEW I-20
PinkLemon
Hi, everyone! I need help if anyone is familiar with my situation.
I was out of F-1 status and now I want to contiue my studies. Student advisor told me that I need to reenter the US with the new I-20, which she has already issued.
My visa ends in December, 2002.
I am afraid to go home because I I am not sure what kind of problems I am going to face on the border.

Is it easy to reenter the country with the new I-20?

Thanks,

Alice

28-Oct-2001 04:24 AM
 Re: REENTER THE U.S. WITH NEW I-20
alex
It's done quite often. Shouldn't be a problem but you never know with INS. Bring a proof of finances with you just in case and the phone number of the international students office.

24-Feb-2002 09:05 AM
 Re: REENTER THE U.S. WITH NEW I-20
FRIEND
Hello

I was in the same situation like you. My visa was till valid until dec 2002. I was out of status for 1 year. What i did was get a new I-20 ; when to England for a week and come back to USA. At the port of entry, i have no problem to enter; they issue me a new I-94 . I'am now In status. KEEP IN MIND THAT IT DOES'NT MATTER IN THE NAME OF THE SCHOLL ON YOUR VISA IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE ON YOUR I-20. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A VALID VISA AND A VALID I-20 YOU CAN RE-ENTER USA WITHOUT PROBLEM.
I HOPE THIS HELP
A FRIEND

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sat Sep 02:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved