Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
27-Aug-2000 02:14 PM
  Web design courses
ChrisUK
Hi,

I'm looking for intitutions which offer degrees in multimedia & web design, or similar courses. I hope to work in web design after I graduate. How difficult would it be to study in the USA, then get whatever visa/greencard I need to take up employment in the USA. How much bias is put against international students when applying for admission, and scholarships? I had straight A grades in all 10 of my GCSE's which were taken in summer 99, if I can show that I am probably going to get the same with my 3 A-Levels, will I be more eligable for a scholarship/admission? When asked, should I be forward with the fact that I want to use the F-1 visa as a stepping stone to permanent resident status?

Thanks,
Chris Williams
(United Kingdom)

29-Aug-2000 08:53 PM
 Re: Web design courses
F-1 is a non-immigrant visa catagory. Never talk about your aspirations for permanent residency while you're applying for an F-1 visa, or while you're on it. Wait until you've finished school, done your year of Optional Practical Training work experience, and changed status to H-1B (which is for either immigrants or non-immigrant workers).

29-Aug-2000 09:06 PM
 Re: Web design courses
ChrisUK
Thanks for the advice :-)

Chris.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Mon Sep 07:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved