Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
03-Mar-2001 05:28 PM
  Transferring from Continuing Education
Anil
Hi,
I am an international student,i have done 1 semester at a Continuing Education from outside U.S. i am actually a regular student. I want to transfer from the continuing education to regular education. I am coming to america on that I-20( Continuing Education ). Is it possible to Transfer to another University. i will be coming in the month of May. Is it possible to transfer to another university. How many credits will be transferred. Could anyone please tell me how to go about. Please Give reply.

05-Mar-2001 09:20 PM
 Re: Transferring from Continuing Education
Serge
If I understand your question correctly you are a Continuing Education student in your country coming to the US with an I-20 from a Continuing Education (CE)school.

It is quite possible to transfer from a CE school to a regular college or university. The admission process may take some time, so you should find a college you want to transfer to as soon as possible. I believe you will still have to attend your CE school for at least one semester.

Continuing Education credits are usually not accepted by colleges. You can transfer the credits only if you attended a college or a university in your home country. In that case how many credits will be accepted depends on the school you will go to and the program you choose.

06-Mar-2001 05:28 PM
anil
My situation is this...
American university has a tie up with certain institute here in india It awards BS in IT through the Continuing Education program. We have to do a semester here and we have to do a 1 year course at america then we will be getting the american degree. i have joined the program and completed 1 semester here. I got my I20 and applying for visa
My question is this...

I want to transfer to another university under regular scheme immediately after coming to america.

How many credits will be transferred. i am in final year of degree here in india.

can i get into a junior or senior year after transfer.
as i have completed 3 years of education in india apart from that i have done 1 semester from american university

06-Mar-2001 05:49 PM
anil
can i work part-time legally.

should i be applying now itself for transfer or should take care of that after coming there.

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sun Sep 01:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved