Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
27-Jun-2002 04:03 PM
  Money matters!!!
Hulk
I am trying to apply for COS from B2 to F1. i just want to know, how much money am i supposed to show? for whole 4 years or just for 1 year?
thanks

28-Jun-2002 12:53 AM
 Re: Money matters!!!
fox
u need to show money for each years...sorry....

28-Jun-2002 04:07 AM
Serge
Normally as much as your school asks you to (so it depends on a school), but I'm not sure what's going on with change of status these days.

28-Jun-2002 02:36 PM
Drifter
Look at sec.7 of your school I-20s.The estimated amount stated in that section is what you suppose to have although most of time with a personal saving of at least $8000 plus a US financial sponsorˇ¦s letter such as I-134 would be sufficient.

28-Jun-2002 05:11 PM
Hulk
Thanks all, but, ne more question for drifter. what do u mean by US sponsor letter, will it work if i show them a letter some some US citizen, that she can sponsor me for my studies.. will that work?
thanks

29-Jun-2002 04:50 PM
Drifter
Since your intention is to change your status in USA, your American sponsor will have to fill out from I-134 which can be easily downloaded from www.ins.gov . You must ask your US sponsor to provide an employment letter and others financial support evidences such as bank statement, income tax return (if self-employed)..Etc.

P.s. Remember to have this form notarized!

01-Jul-2002 02:33 PM
Hulk
okay.. got that. thanks a lot drifter

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Fri Sep 08:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved