Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
28-Jul-2000 05:44 AM
  more help?
l_zoey
Thank you for the previous answer. I have more questions: Will they investigate to find out if i have worked illegally if i were to apply for a k-1 visa(fiance) and does the marriage has to occur in 90 days. I don't know which is the best way to go, whether a k-1 visa,a visitor visa or a f-1 visa. I don't know how to prove my strong ties i have with my country, which i don't. I'm just afraid my f-1 visa will be denied due to an american sponsor. And if i do use my dad as a sponsor, would they know that i appleid for a work permit due to the reasons,my dad couldn't support me anymore?
Thank you.

28-Jul-2000 05:57 AM
 Re: more help?
Serge
If you have applied for a working permit due to the economic hardship it should not affect your chances to get a visa as long as you present a new evidence of finances (don't tell the consulate about it unless they ask, though).

I really don't know anything about K-1. Try posting to alt.visa.us or misc.immigration.usa (use deja.com if you don't know how to use a newsreader, go to "discussions"). I think K-1 is rather easy to get, but I can be wrong. I'll try to find out.

31-Jul-2000 11:25 PM
 Re: more help?
me
actually a better forum would be
alt.visa.us.marriage-based

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Mon Sep 11:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved