Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
22-Feb-2001 05:31 PM
  Alina, look at that Nasdaq and DJIA!!!
Commander
hey alina, what's up girl.. Have you seen that souring and falling NASDAQ and DOW??? A've got more than 5% capital loss so far and that's just the beginning , but seriously i expect those markets to recover...
Alan Greenspan twice lowered prime and Fed's interest rates and heated the economy enough, so that the inflation is more than average for the last 10 years!
But investors don't like those lowerings much, 'cause they badly react on inflation - here you see it for NAsdaq and Dow...
-----------------------
Kirill Jr. Zuykov
[Brat 3: Delaware University I]

22-Feb-2001 10:04 PM
 Re: Alina, look at that Nasdaq and DJIA!!!
Tarasishe
Dyvysa vyshe!!!

22-Feb-2001 10:06 PM
Neo
kstati, KOMAHDIP:-)), tu mojesh posovetovat' kakieto resources po stock exchanges and stuff?
a echo bulo bu lushe, esli bu mne ktoto dal adres kakogoto brockera, jelatelno online....

Andy

23-Feb-2001 02:43 AM
Commander
Hey Neo, wouldn't you mind to listen to the advice of "finance crazy guy"...(i mean myself)..Ok, then the best online broker is E*trade, but don't say you are goinmg to trade stock through online broker, because i don't want you to loose all your money...If you have any money, put them on your bank account and forget abour stock man...or if you are really impatient to trade stock and to enter Wall Street, than please don't try to do that by picking up individual stocks, that's the titanic work and sometimes worthless, believe me, i've done 4 fundamental technical analyses and tried to predict the behavious of stock and to copute requered and expected returns using various , sometimes diffivult techiniques, that's was only 60% of what i expected it to be in near future...
So, your money at your bnking saving account and earn your stable 4-5% and that's it....or buy a few shares of any closest money market mutual fund...That's the easiest way to earn some money without substantial risk....

23-Feb-2001 02:51 AM
Commander
Hey Tarace, i am sorry i wrote like that, but that's actually very easy things for any finance guy to understand, but quite boring staff for all the rest indeed!!
Ok, what i was trying to inform Alina about - current "bearish" financial market...
DJIA - Dow Johnes Industrial Average - average stock price divided by special devider of high-cap and famous American corporations, usually used to make techincal analyses of market conditions; NASDAQ - National Association of Security Dealer Automatic Quotation System - Over-The-Counter market (OTC), where stocks and other financial instruments are traded by quotes through dealers using telecommunications, not through brokers, like the New Yrok Stock Exchange auctions.
-------------------------
Sincerely Kirill.

23-Feb-2001 02:56 AM
Commander
If you wanna know more about stock exchanges and all those things i advice you to pick up any finance book, and it will tell you the basic info...
But, the main thing to understand is - anytime it may happen, that you are even better broker than anyone else around you and in your city..because for stock market ....the work of analysist can give worse results than just picking up of corporations by throwing darts..!!
------------------------

23-Feb-2001 04:17 AM
Tarasishe
Well, just wanted to say thanks for the explanation, though I still do not really understand all THAT economical crap. ;-) Thanks anyways.
Tarasishe

23-Feb-2001 06:59 AM
Neo
Kirill,
ne nado fa-fa-lya-lya...
"neo voz'mi lyuboy uchebnik po finansam".... etim ya goda 4 nazad zanimalsya.....

"neo poloji money na saving"... nu esli mojet dlya kogoto etot sposob zarabatuvaniya horosh.... no ne dlya menya...

ya hot' i ne crazy po finances... no u menya doma lejit neplohoy portfolio of ukrainian companies... igralsya i s KS, i PSami... "Energo's" and other blue chips... doljen znat' shto eto takoe esli interesueshsya etim voprosom doma... v svoe vremya ya tesno obachlaysa so znayuchimi lyud'mi... kotorue organized tovarnuyu birju...
potom zainteresovalsya mutual funds.... chem ya toko ne interesovalsya))

vobchem ya ne o tom... esli prosto tak tupo play with stocks, to ponyatno, sho niche horoshego ne vuydet...
ya eto i ne sobirayus' delat'...

u menya prosto est' koe-kakaya insider info po nekotoruh IT companies... esli s ney nemnojko porabotat'.... to mojet shtoto i poluchitsya...

ladno, spasibo za E*trade, na dosuge vzglyanu...

Andy

[ This message was edited by: Neo on: 2-23-2001 07:49 ]

23-Feb-2001 12:46 PM
Tarasishe
HVALA NEO THE GREAT!!! NU TY VASA KRUTOY PEREC!
I sho tebe ludi znayushie skazali??? HE-HE ;-)))
Tarasishe

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sun Sep 05:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved