Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
31-Jan-2001 03:03 PM
  Who can give a piece of advice for trading securities...
Commander
Hey guys, commander is here again, thank you very much for your messages, i appreciate it, really.
Who is a finance major and can give me an advice for managing my portfolio... ???
I don't know what to do with my Manhattan Associate INc. stock?? It's falling sharply, and after examining the financial higlights i doubt it will recover... Do you think i should wait a little bit or make a "short position " instead of "long purchase"??
---------------------------
Thank you anyway.
Waiting for answer.
[Brat 3: Delaware University I]

31-Jan-2001 03:14 PM
 Re: Who can give a piece of advice for trading securities...
Commander
I've been studying finance for 3 years already but i can't predict the market now, it's highly fluctuating and volitile, moreover it's predominantly bulish, so it seems like the best way is to wait, but the risk is huge , because the stock betta is 2.35.
------------------------
Kirill Zuykov.
Waiting for someone to give an advice.

31-Jan-2001 06:20 PM
Alincho
Hi, Com!!
First of all stock beta is spelled with one t (sorry Yerkin's illness is contagious, by the way it's his real name and he's from Kazakhstan I think).
Secondly, you are a smart guy and have been studying finance for three years. You should know better than to invest the very little money you have (assuming you don't get no stipend) into such risky and unstable stock (beta=2.35 is rather high I believe, considering the stock market rollercoaster that the recent interest rate cuts have produced). You would be better off with Treasury bills that would provide you with steady (although not humongous) profit.
After this highly technical conversation.... so, how've you been???? Any progress with your problem?
XOXO
Alincho-The Humble Lover of Volatile Financial World

[ This message was edited by: Alincho on: 1-31-2001 19:18 ]

01-Feb-2001 03:08 AM
yerkin
I wouldn't invest my minuscule stipend in stock right now given the two facts:
1) The recent cut in interest rates might trigger a recession (that's been discussed lately by all major news co's), everyone's worried about it, though the first period may push some stocks upwards... it's too risky, though. I wouldn't go for that.
2) Besides, we're going home soon. What's the point in that?

Frankly, I'm a jackass in finance
Btw, thanks Alina for nice introduction. This time I won't correct you, coz you're right about where I'm from.

Y

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sun Sep 05:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved