Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
01-Apr-2001 10:23 PM
  To All FSA Undergraduate Students!
ACTR
Dear FSA Undergraduate Students,

The American Councils of International Education, as a small present for spring and recognition of those striving to excellence, has decided to make changes in the policies of the organization as follows.
At the course of the year many students have expressed their interest in continuing and completing their undergraduate education in the institutions of higher education of the USA. However, as all of you know, the Two-Year Home Residency Requirement prevents their presence in the US after the completion of the FSA Undergraduate program, regardless of the aim of such presence.

It was brought up to our attention, that although students, and their home countries in general, benefit from this program, the impact could be deepened if students had an opportunity to complete their education in the USA, given that the American education in most
of the fields of study is considerably developed here.
Therefore, all the students, who have a B+ Grade Point Average for both semesters, will have the opportunity to waive their Two-Year Home Residency Requirement and apply to the university or college of their choice.

A letter from ACTR, confirming the policy change, will soon be sent out to all those eligible.

FSA Ugrad.
ACIE
[Brat3: University of Pennsylvania II]

02-Apr-2001 12:05 AM
 Re: To All FSA Undergraduate Students!
NERD
Dear Sirs,

Regarding the forementioned message to the students, on behalf of all the FSA and YFU 2000 program fellows please let me cordially thank you so much for your help and assistance to us.
I would really appreciate that if you sent me all the information available about the impact of my 4.0 GPA on my residential and immigrational status. Does it impact my tax status as well?
My Office of Admissions made an inquiry about the possibility of my graduation from the university I attend to the United States Embassy in my home country, and received a positive response. Now need I to be abided by the requirement of two-year home residence, or, shall I waive it? I strongly urge your favorable consideration of my application for admission.
Again, thank you for your thoughtful consideration of my letter to you.

Nerd N.Nerd
7644 Grand-Nerd Drive
Nerd City, Nerdana, ZIP 45766
email: nerd@nerd.net

P.S. S 1 APRELYA, MALCHIKI I DEVOCHKI!!!!!!! NE BUHAITE MNOGO!!!!!!

[ This message was edited by: NERD on: 4-1-2001 23:47 ]
[Brat3: University of Pennsylvania II]

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Sat Sep 11:09 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved