Help Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Help Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
20-Sep-2003 03:44 PM
 need some financial aid asap Post Reply
lady Scorpion
Community member
I am here in Texas studying on my own and I need some sort of financial aid to pay for the rest of my housing and tution before my calss schedule gets drop soon. Can someone help me? I only have $1000 to pay and every little bit counts. I have even have a job here on campus but I do not get paid until the 15th of the following month , which is way after the time I need the cash

20-Sep-2003 09:00 PM
 Re: need some financial aid asap Post Reply
proper
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hey,

familiar situation. I am not sure how much you lack, but you can try these options:
1) use a credit card to go into debt (if you have one and the limit permits to cover the expenses); or
2) there might be a credit union on your campus: they might help with some cash. I am not sure what their terms are and what security (like, future earning power, avalilability of scholarship, etc.) they will require; or,
3) [this may not work at all - just an idea] you might try to get loan from off-campus financial institutions such as banks, etc; or
4) finally, as far as I know, the bursar office places all the bills on your student account. It is kind of a bank account where you can deposit some money or have a liability. If they put your obligation to pay for smth on such an account, usually, it is up to you when to settle the balance due to the university. However, you will probably be assessed a fee for a late payment (which is an equivalent of an interest on loan from a bank).

Proper

23-Jan-2004 10:11 AM
DrAgo
Community member
Home Coutry:
Dear lady Scorpion
Hi Lady Scorpion I'm a novice in your forum, my second nick is Mr. Satan and I think it isn't so bad. I ask you to take across me some advices about FIN aid which is famous problem in (may be) your life. I'LL be wait djalilov@dilshod.pisem.net

23-Jan-2004 10:12 AM
DrAgo
Community member
Home Coutry:
Dear lady Scorpion
Hi Lady Scorpion I'm a novice in your forum, my second nick is Mr. Satan and I think it isn't so bad. I ask you to take across me some advices about FIN aid which is famous problem in (may be) your life. I'LL be wait djalilov_dilshod@pisem.net

Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Thu Sep 10:09 pm
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved