Brat-3: ACTR Students Community
Student Logo

Home - Login - Register - Help

Home - International Students Community
This is online community of international students studying in the USA.
The site where students help students to survive and thrive during their stay in America.
International Students Online

AbroadPlanet Forums -> Brat-3: ACTR Students Community Post new topic
Author
Topic
11-Oct-2005 07:26 AM
 Re: Does anyone remember me? Post Reply
X_Ray
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hi Yerlen!
Sorry for late reply.
I know you only through this forum. I was in UPenn-1 orientation with Valera Park.
Yes, there times when we had quite long discussions in chat and forum. ("Kalai - kalkalai!").

I am now in Dushanbe, a very enriching experience for me!
Though not much time to get on Internet.

May God bless your relationship and future marriage! Take care!

Greetings to all who reads this post!

Nurbek.

19-Oct-2005 07:20 AM
Yerlen
Community member
Home Coutry:
Wow, Alincho, that was one huge chunk of information!

Yes, I want to have a kid, or two, or six, but not now.

I am only 25.

You are right when you say that a career should not be an aim per se, but I think there might exist a different answer to the "how will you know if a person loves you or your money?" question. First of all, I, being a conservative person that I am, think that prior to marriage (or engagement, for that matter), you should set your significant other in a "no money, no nothing" environment. See how s/he reacts. Draw conclusions. I have a girlfriend and she is very supportive of me when I tell her that marriage is something that should hinge upon a solid base. You do not just plunge headlong into the whole thing and make kids. Period. Try to ask us men the following question: "Would you marry someone just for the sake of it or would you marry someone when you have the resources?"

You know the answer.

Yerlen

21-Oct-2005 04:18 PM
Corsair
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hey, I am Natalia from Belarus. I am an FSA Alumna 2000-2001, Mississippi State University. I live in Canada now. I remember Nurdek, and Yerlen, and some other names sound familiar. So... hello everybody

23-Oct-2005 07:38 PM
ritusik
Community member
Home Coutry:
I remember Natalia and Neo I am Rita, FSA UGRAD alumna 2000-2001 Mississippi State University. It was fun! I live in DC now with my husband. Stay in touch!!

24-Oct-2005 12:45 PM
Neo
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hey!

So many familiar faces here Special greetings to Rita and Natasha! (Go MSU, GO!)

Tak prikolno videt staryh druzey! Narod, u menya ideya, razoshlite link na etot post vsem svoim znakomim po ACTR pust kajdiy zaidett syuda i otmetitsa Interesno znat kuda kogo vyvela krivaya amerikanskoy mechty cherez stolko let

As for me, I'm living in Egypt at the moment, working as a surfing instructor and underwater photographer. Though I'll be flying to Cuba in a few weeks))

keep up!

Andy

24-Oct-2005 06:23 PM
musliba
Community member
Home Coutry:
Hey, people,
soooo nice to "see" you all !!!! I am in touch with some of you here, and occasionally in touch with others, but oooh, the memory holds even those, who fell out of touch long ago I've seen Natka (Nata Shelegia ,Georgia) and Roxy (Tadzhikistan) last year in the US and Dorina some time before that, and still keep touch with Proper, Neo, Mikola(McDude from Ukraine), Hi to you who occasionally get cards or pictures from me (Yerkin, Nurbek, Taras, Oleg, hi
Rostyk, ahve not heard about your successes for a while!!

I am graduating from the University of Wyoming with my MS in Atmospheric Sciences this December and going to Purdue University in Indiana for a PhD in this Exciting science (X-Ray, getting closer and closer to being you kollega).

I also got married this summer. There are some other exciting things going on in life, but it is always nice to know cool people, even though we keep in touch with one card a year for a birthday or new year

Did you notice - it is getting harder to keep track of all the cool friends we have as we are getting older and everyone moves all over the world?
Glad to hear from you all!!

Masha
(Ukraine, Upenn2, New England College 2000-2001)

24-Oct-2005 07:45 PM
ritusik
Community member
Home Coutry:
WOW ANDY!! Privetishe! Vot zaneslo tebya - Egypt, Cuba! Hablas espanol? I got my Master's in Spanish, btw, from Univerisity of New Mexico this year!

Surfing must be fun. What's your e-contact information. I bumped into your "website" - there's not much to it except for your cool pic. How do I contact Natasha. Nastya and I still keep in touch by email. She is in London. I'll let her know the link. Hugs to all that remember me,

Rita

24-Oct-2005 07:54 PM
Tarasishe
Community member
Home Coutry:
wow, nice to see some familiar people around here
Corsair
Where in Canada are you?
Neo,
Hows Egypt?
Musliba
Got married, huh? )) Congratulations.

Posts: [1-8]    [9-16]    [17-24]    [25-32]    [33-40]    [41-48]    [49-55]
Community Moderators: Neo, LILKA
The time now is: Mon Apr 08:04 am
Web development and hosting provided by Netimpulses.Com
This site is created by students for students.
Copyright © 2000-2002, Abroadplanet.Com. All rights reserved